MARKET7 UPGRADES FOR COMPREHENSIVE
MOBILE SUPPORT INCLUDING iPAD, iPHONE, ANDROID
Annotative Player module for content review integrates HTML5 and Flash technologies for full video.Market7 service availability across devices.
SAN FRANCISCO December 20, 2010 – Market7, Inc., a provider of web-based software for collaboration in the development and management of creative content, today announces full mobile support for its video.Market7 service. By bringing together HTML5 and Adobe Flash® technologies, mobile devices including Apple iPads®, Apple iPhones® and those based on Google Android™ now have full access to the flagship Market7 product. This is especially important in media production as real-time communication and coordination among teams that are frequently on-the-move becomes a necessity. Support for mobile is among several user-experience upgrades being made to Market7’s popular Annotative Player module for team review of and communication about media content.
“Market7 is fulfilling customer demands about uploading and accessing any format of video, from any location and on any device, consistent with the increasingly mobile and multi-platform ways we all use internet services,” says Market7 CEO Seth Kenvin. “Media professionals and their production processes are especially dynamic, and more mobile support along with other advances of our Annotative Player further strengthens Market7’s solution for making better video content more efficiently through enhanced collaboration.”
Key functionality being added to the Annotative Player module, which integrates video play with interactive messaging, includes:
- Multi-device playback. Video format is intelligently determined based on device capabilities in terms of whether to stream HTML5 or Flash;
- Better video quality. All content, including uploads since earliest use of the video.Market7 service, play at higher resolution;
- Dynamic streaming. Immediate play of any portion of a video availed regardless of stage of download;
- Full-feature scaling. Users can play content at virtually full-screen dimensions while still taking advantage of messaging and interactive features;
- Improved look and feel. The player interface has been re-designed for better form and function in both mobile and computer-based usages; and
- Faster access. Enhanced digital video transcoding practices enable most H.264 videos to be accessed by HTML5 or Flash immediately upon completion of upload.
Enhancements are currently available by adding “/v2” at end of the URL for any video file being shown in the video.Market7.com Annotative Player, and they will soon become default features.
“As video.Market7 continues evolving and becoming more globally deployed, we are maintaining tight engagement with our customers, responding to their needs,” says Kenvin. “Closing a successful 2010, we look forward to additional enhancements to the Annotative Player and other aspects of video.Market7 that continue improving media production by our growing customer base among major media players and Fortune 500 companies.”
About Market7, Inc.
Market7 addresses needs of corporations and other organizations as they expand use of video for content commercialization, marketing, recruiting, support, training and other purposes, but often find the production processes to be confusing, inefficient and expensive. The company’s online environments are for all of the collaboration between video producers, their clients and any other parties involved in the process. This includes features for overall project management, conceptualization, script development and footage review. These aspects of video.Market7 web services have been used by dozens of organizations for hundreds of production projects. More information is available at www.market7.com.
# # #